Monday, August 8, 2016

ART:EGO ™ - Fuse Beads Kit - Sea World ~ Christmas Gift Ideas



School is starting back. Our summer fun comes to an end. The weekends will be our only real family time. These are the signals that Christmas is approaching. Every year I don't know if I should be excited or if I should feel sad. With three children to buy Christmas for I have to get an early start. I usually start in July. My first Christmas gift I bought this year was a cute Art :EGO fuse bead set for my 5 year old daughter.







I don't know if you have heard of fuse beads, but if you haven't I will tell you about them. When I was almost 15 I went into foster care. My first placement was in a group home. An underfunded, understaffed group home. A place where the big kids ended up being responsible for the younger kids. We played with them to keep them out of the staff's way. Well that first placement had these fuse beads, and I may have been a teen, but these fuse beads were one of my favorite things to do with the kids.





Then when my daughter was 3 I was getting sick. I had just been diagnosed with Lupus. I found a good sitter for my daughter to stay with while I went to doctor's appointments. On the first day with the sitter my daughter made an adorable mouse fuse bead. She was so excited about it. So that was the day that fuse beads became a favorite activity with my daughter and I.




You use these little peg boards shaped like animals. You add the beads to the board, cover it in a wax type paper, then you iron it. The heat molds them together so that they stay in whatever shape of the peg board. You create your own little animals.




This is a super great present for any young child. They come in many different sets, but this great Art:EGO fuse bead set was of water creatures, which happen to be all of my daughter's favorite animals. This is a great set. I personally love it! It comes with 6000 beads, peg board, patterns, tweezers, and the ironing paper. To top it all off and make it even better the plastic is food grade plastic. Which means I don't have to worry about dangerous chemicals in the plastic.

Overall I am very happy with this set! If you want to get your own Art:EGO fuse bead set you can find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment