Sunday, May 29, 2016

Review of The Busy Home BBQ Grill Mat and Bake Mat

Our family is the kind that spends every weekend by the lake. We have 3 huge lakes within 45 minutes of our home. There simply is no reason to be at home with that much water so close to our home.

Since we spend our weekends at the lake, we also eat there. So I was beyond excited with being able to get a discount to review the Busy Home BBQ Mat.



Why I Was So Excited to Try These BBQ Mats

Around here the lakes have picnic tables with grills all around the lake. This is both good and bad. It is so convenient, but have you ever used a public grill? All I can say is gross! I don't know why people are so nasty or how they seem to make them so gross.

Going to the lake meant packing a grill brush and my husband spending an extra 15 minutes scrubbing and wiping down the public grill. So this weekend instead of packing the grill brush we packed our new Busy Home BBQ Mat.



When we got to the lake my husband went ahead and got the charcoal going. While we waited for it to get ready for cooking I opened up my grill mat. My first impression was oh my gosh this is going to melt! It is super thin!!! I mean almost paper thin.

Once my husband got the charcoal ready I laid the the Busy Home BBQ Mat on the grill expecting it to melt immediately. I mean I know these things say they are meant for this, but I just wasn't believing it.

No immediate melting. YAY! So my husband added a couple of burgers. Even he wasn't sure these things were going to hold up so he only added two burgers at a time.

 


The Pros of Using The Busy Home BBQ Grill Mat

  • It didn't melt. Lol, but seriously if you buy these you will see the thinness and think the same thing!
  • It keeps you from having to clean the grill
  • It cooks the product evenly. No burnt bottom with red center. 
  • It washes off super easy
  • It is non stick. No dealing with burgers getting stuck and falling apart
  • Easy to use



The Cons of Using The Busy Home BBQ Grill Mat

  • Your burger will not taste like charcoal. This one doesn't matter to me at all, but my husband was a bit disappointed. So for his sake I am listing this as a con, though for me it was a pro. I personally liked my burger tasting like the marinade instead of just like charcoal. 
  • It takes twice the amount of time to cook the burger. If you are hungry that moment you might want to skip out on these. It literally took almost 2 times the normal amount of time to cook compared to when we just cook directly on the grill. 

My Review Opinion of The Busy Home BBQ Grill Mat 

Personally I love them. To me it is worth the wait to get evenly cooked burgers. I like not having to waste my hubby's time cleaning the public grill. I could even see him using these at home. I also really liked how the grease just came right off the mat. It didn't pool under the burgers. 

I would recommend these to anyone. I really enjoyed the ease of using them. Very surprised such a thin material could easily withstand the heat from the grill.


No comments:

Post a Comment